Sabtu, 26 Maret 2011

Meet our Intern!

I'd like to introduce Crave Health's newest intern from the undergraduate nutrition program at Bastyr University: Alyssa Rieser!

Alyssa will be with me through at least June 2011 and most likely through the end of her undergrad career :) She will be guest blogging in April as well so look for her upcoming posts!


I became interested in nutrition while working at an acupuncture clinic in Asheville, North Carolina, where practitioners achieved success by making a transition to a whole foods diet a standard part of all treatment plans. Inspired by the positive physical and psychological changes the clients experienced, it became my goal to be a registered dietitian and help others optimally nourish themselves. I moved to Washington in the summer of 2010 to pursue a MS in Nutrition from Bastyr University. In the past several years I have been involved in Slow Food, farm to school programs, and other branches of the food justice movement. Currently I am leading the Greenwood Community Kitchen and have a cooking blog: Figs and Fennel where I focus on seasonal, local food. I am passionate about sustainable food systems and have strong interests in community nutrition and public health policy.

Alyssa

0 komentar: