Selasa, 11 September 2012

Crave Health Interns

Crave Health is a teaching clinic, meaning that I have interns from different stages of nutrition education (high school, undergrad & graduate school) that work for me, learn from me and soak up whatever nutrition and practice knowledge comes at them.  

Meet our current interns, listed in no particular order!  You'll see articles from them, meet them at the office or they may be sitting in viewing my work in a session.


Anika Bertoldi, Bastyr University
My name is Anika; I am a 27 year old student currently attending Bellevue College working towards applying to a Master’s program in Nutrition while working to become a Registered Dietitian. My passion for nutrition and health has developed over the past 6 years since graduating from Washington State University. I have personally made a connection and taken interest with the way the foods you choose make an impact on your life, affecting things such as mood, immunity, and disease prevention. I enjoy growing my own vegetable garden, and creating healthful and affordable recipes for my family and friends to enjoy, while educating them in the process. My long term goal is to help others realize how nutrition affects health and educate them to make the best choices for them, whether that is healing or preventative from the knowledge I gain, and research I do. I am extremely excited to be working with Ashley and Crave Health as the newest Intern and look forward to all of the opportunities and hands on experience to come!



Danielle Selden, Bastyr University
My name is Danielle Selden and I am Master’s Student at the celebrated Bastyr University in Kirkland, WA.   I am so happy to be a part of the Crave Team and working with Ashley, which has been a truly rewarding and great educational experience.  I am currently working towards graduation in June 2013 and my dietetic internship to eventually become a Registered Dietitian. My interests in nutrition include, prenatal, maternal, infant, and childhood nutrition (just to name a few).  I one day hope to combine my interests with other sectors of woman’s health such as breastfeeding and linking my work as a dietitian with a future lactation consultant practice.  There are many things about nutrition that excites me and I can’t wait to make a positive difference in people’s lives.   



Chelsea Polk, University of California Northridge
I am so thankful to be the high school intern for Crave Health. I am a senior at Redmond High School and will hopefully be attending college in Southern California in the fall of 2012. Over the past few years nutrition has become a big part of my life. I was a gymnast for 9 years and during my career I struggled with body image. Through the hardships I encountered I learned how to appreciate and care for my body. I am so excited to start working with Ashley and begin learning more about food and diet.



Sara Hoverson, Bastyr University
Sara Hoverson is a current intern at Crave Health.  Originally from Cincinnati, Ohio, Sara moved to Seattle for graduate school and is a current Candidate for a Masters Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics at Bastyr University in Kenmore, WA, and will graduate in the spring of 2013.  Sara has a BA in Business Management from Sweet Briar College in Amherst, VA, and graduated Cum Laude with an AD in Culinary Arts as a Certified Chef from the Midwest Culinary Institute in Cincinnati, OH.  



Sara Cannon, Seattle Pacific University
Sara will complete a Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics from Seattle Pacific University in 2013. She earned her first Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication from Arizona State University in 2005, and worked in retail, ecommerce, and television advertising before succumbing to her true passion; nutrition. In her spare time Sara loves reading, exercising, cooking, and baking. She especially enjoys modifying traditional recipes to create healthier and more nutritious alternatives.  





0 komentar: